top of page

Alternative Ways to Give

The cost of living is on the rise and it is an unpredictable time for so many households including our supporters. It is estimated that 77% of people in the UK have said they are worried about their bills increasing. We know that it’s important to put your family and loved ones first. However, you can still make a difference in Kampala. Here’s some giving alternative ways to give that won’t cost a penny…

1. Amazon Smile Amazon Smile is an amazing way to donate to charity. By shopping through Amazon Smile you have access to the same products at the same price as Amazon's regular search engine, but Amazon donates a portion of your purchase price to your chosen charity. Register with Amazon Smile and add Kids Club Kampala as your chosen charity here. 2. Free Bills MOT with Save and Fundraise Save money on your bills and donate! Book your free Bills MOT here today. Kids Club Kampala have a new exciting partnership with ‘Save & Fundraise’ to help our supporters save money on their bills at home whilst also raising money for our work. Save and Fundraise have offered to give our supporters Free MOTs for their home bills to show where significant savings could be made, with the average household saving in excess of £300. When one of our supporters chooses to make a saving with Save and Fundraise, the supporter will also get to gift Kids Club Kampala a donation of £50 or £100 to us! With the cost of living crisis, we love the idea of being able to help our supporters whilst also raising much needed funds for our work. All you need to do is to head to https://www.saveandfundraise.co.uk/ and book yourself a Free 20min Bills MOT with Tom. Right now, this is only open to home owners, with plans to start offering to renters asap. 3. Legacy giving Make a lasting difference by leaving a gift in your will. After taking care of your loved ones, would you consider leaving a gift in your will to Kids Club Kampala and make a lasting difference in the lives of vulnerable children and their families? Donating just 1% can make a massive difference, and means that the other 99% is left to your loved ones. Did you know you might save £400 inheritance tax for every £1,000 you leave to charity in your will? We’ve partnered with Free Wills to offer a free will writing service to Kids Club Kampala supporters. The process is very simple and you can edit your will at any point in the future, giving you complete peace of mind. FIND OUT MORE 4. Fundraise with Kids Club Kampala Are you an active runner? Or do you have a new years resolution to get fit? What better motivation than running the Birmingham Half Marathon on the 7th May 2023 for Kids Club Kampala. The money you raise will go directly towards helping families and children in Kampala to survive and thrive. BUT HURRY… we only have 5 places available so please get in touch with us asap if you are interested in a place. Please contact lauren@kidsclubkampala.org to reserve your space or to find out more. 5. Give a car Are you upgrading your car? Have you thought about donating your old one? Give a Car arranges free collection of your car and either sells or scraps the vehicle at no charge to you. The money made is then donated to your chosen charity. Find out how you can donate your old car here. 6. Sign up to our newsletter Our monthly newsletter keeps you up to date with what we are doing and news from our projects. Supporting us during this difficult time means a lot! SIGN UP TODAY Volunteer Miriam speaking at her local church 7. Invite us to speak at your church We love coming out, meeting our supporters in person and telling you all about our projects and what we do. Invite us to speak at your church! You could even host a coffee morning for Kids Club Kampala. Email jess@kidsclubkampala.org to arrange a visit in 2023. 8. Follow us on social media Keep up to date with news from our projects and announcements. By following our social media you can know when our Etsy products go live. Stay in the loop and follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn. 9. Pray for our communities We ask that you continue to pray for our communities living in Uganda. Thank you so much for all your support. We know times are tough for our supporters but please know, we appreciate every donation, newsletter sign up, social media like and conversation you have about our work in Uganda.

0 Likes Share


18 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All
bottom of page